Saturday, October 5, 2013

A Dramatic Morning and New Guitars in Minneapolis

WING GOT 3 NEW BILT GUITARS!!!
...I'm almost as surprised as you are

I had been hearing about this day for a while. 
The day Daniel Wayne was getting a new solid gold guitar.
 Gold: the color not the metal
The neck, body, strings, knobs, fretboard, pickguard (those are all things, right?). 
All GOLD. 

The day started out not like any other, pretty dramatically in fact.
In the morning, I walked the two blocks from our hotel to CVS to grab a few things
and blacked out while standing in line at checkout.
It was pretty embarrassing. I paid for my items while sitting on the floor 
with my head between my knees. 
The cashier asked me to scoot over to the photo lab area so I would stop scaring the customers. 

I could tell she thought I was just another junkie.
In her defense, it was downtown Minneapolis, there was a security guard on duty (which means it's probably not the safest neighborhood) and I was a pale, pajama wearing stranger in cold sweats. 
This wasn't her first time at the rodeo. 
She didn't offer much help but she did sign me up for an extra care card. 

No need to go into health details but I'm A-OK, nothing serious. 
Something that happens to me from time to time since I was a kid
and after I stumbled back to the hotel room, 
I had my sweet husband to take care of me:)

A few hours of recovery later I was feeling worlds better
and it was time to head to the venue for the day of guitars. 

Well, it turned out there were 3 guitar reveals that day.
Two of which Wing knew about, the third was a surprise even to him.
This was a design that he had been dreaming up for a while and was as shocked as anyone that BILT could make it happen because there is no other guitar like these in the world. 
The band huddled around, while he opened the cases one by one each new guitar more beautiful and jaw-dropping then the last. BILT even brought a film crew to document the moment.
^^Wing and Brandon Darner of BILT Guitars and the (amazing) band, Envy Corps
^^Wing's first reaction. So many people all over so it was difficult to get a shot



^^Dan's reaction 
When Wing came up with the design, he had no idea the finished product would turn out so incredible.
I think his exact words for what he wanted it to look like was "dipped in gold"
or  "as if Midas touched it."
I think they nailed it. 
Love to see him so happy/in shock. A moment none of us will forget. 
A rough morning turned into one of my favorite days:)

I'll post pictures of soundcheck and the show soon, these babies look crazy under the stage lights!

5 comments:

  1. This is really cool thanks for sharing the pictures! I have two guitars from BilT and one of the necks I spec'd with them had glue mark or something so it wasn't staining right and they told me they could paint over the headstock or build a new neck. They made a new neck for my guitar and later they told me they used my original neck for one of these gold guitars for Wayne. It's so cool to see the finished product and his excitement! Thanks again for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be in a great shock as Wing, had it happened to me as well. Jeez, that guitar is punk-ingly something! I’m scared he needs to have securities when he performs because somebody might take it away from him! Haha!

    Cherie Seldon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. กีต้าร์โปร่ง ยี่ห้อไหนดี

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks ร้านขายเครื่องดนตรี

    ReplyDelete